Optimizing Your Fertility
Are you… Thinking about getting pregnant? Ready to get pregnant? Wishing you were already pregnant?
A healthy foundation is essential and can greatly increase your chances, for conception either naturally or through advanced reproductive technology. It takes 90 days for an egg to reach a maturity level before being released by the ovaries. Allowing 3-6 months to prepare your body for pregnancy not only produces healthier eggs, but it also creates an optimal environment for your growing baby.
We enhance your fertility by addressing all aspects of your health, through acupuncture, nutrition, lifestyle and herbal formulas to fully prepare you for preconception and pregnancy.
All patients receive customized, and comprehensive treatment plans to optimize health and balance hormones.
Acupuncture & Oriental medicine Enhances Fertility…
– Increases blood flow to reproductive organs
– Regulates hormone levels (follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinzing hormone, estrogen and progesterone)
– Moderates cylooxygenase and prostaglandin levels in the uterus (which improves implantation rates)
– Lessens uterine contractions after embryo transfer
– Reduces miscarriages
– Improves thickness of uterine wall lining
– Lessens side effects of medications
– Improves quality of oocytes (eggs)
– Reduces overall stress
– Helps to regulate follicle stimulating hormone (FSH)
Reproductive Conditions Treated with Oriental Medicine…
– Unexplained (idiopathic) infertility
– Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
– Amenorrhea (Absence of menstruation
– Repeated pregnancy loss
– Luteal phase defect (LPD)
– Premature ovarian failure (POF)
– Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
– Stress & anxiety (high stress hormones)
– Poor egg quality
– Thin endometrium
The Pre- and Post- Embryo Transfer Treatments
Acupuncture with IVF treatment is done on the day of the embryo transfer, also known as the Pre- and Post- Transfer Treatments. The chances of conception increase when acupuncture is given right before and shortly after the embryo is transferred to the uterus. Scientific studies have shown that this improves uterine artery blood flow, supports endometrial lining, decreases uterine contractions, and increases implantation and pregnancy rates.
Preparing for IVF
Prior to committing to any Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) treatments, we recommend 3-6 months of acupuncture to bring your body to its optimum balance and ready for conception. Typical changes you may sense quickly include: reduction in the stresses that interfere with ovulation or implantation, regulation of menses, and a general feeling of good health.
More subtle changes may eventually include a normalization of the hormones that regulate ovulation, an increase in uterine blood flow, improving chances of a fertilized egg implanting, and an improvement in ovulation cycles in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.
Pre-conception: Starting 3-6 months prior to trying to conceive; 1 x/week, is ideal.
Acupuncture w/ ART: Start 2-3 months prior. 1 session/week until stimulation cycle; At that time 2 x/week.